I found this blog hop via Your Doctor's Wife and thought it was a great idea for quickly highlighting the good (most things) and the bad (very little) in my life at the moment.
- Being a senior on the consult service, which lets me spend most of my days teaching med students (keen, intelligent med students) and exposes me to all kinds of interesting pathology. In this week alone I've seen sarcoidosis, fibromuscular dysplasia, a brachial plexopathy, dilantin toxicity, and other interesting things that are slipping my mind at the moment. It's like all of the rare and wonderful things from med school have decided to appear in my local emergency room all at once.
- Having a belly full of steak, veggies, and a newly discovered tasty Argentinian Malbec.
- Saturday afternoon photography lessons.
- Three consecutive weekends off.
- Being pimped by the consult service attending on three random physical exams this week and getting told that they were "a clear pass", "excellent", and "outstanding". Apparently my physical exam prep group is starting to pay off.
- A high of -20 C (-4 F) for the next week. Please send more soup recipes.
- An apartment that is horribly cluttered with multiple piles of chaos (mostly books). I think tomorrow morning is going to be devoted to an attempt to bring order to my home. Or maybe sleep.
- Still not being able to see my bff who moved back to the city three weeks ago because she and I seem to have alternating call schedules.
- Laundry. Again. Where does it all come from?
Huh...apparently there are far more "happies" than "crappies" in my life at the moment, as I can think of at least five more things to add to my "happies" list, but I can't think of anything else significant to add to my "crappies" list. (And clearly I have a low threshold, given that I included laundry in my "crappies" list.) This is a very, very good thing. Looks like the funk is starting to clear.
Wishing everyone reading this a great weekend, whether it finds you enjoying time off or slogging through a long call shift.