Happy American Thanksgiving everyone!
Here in Canada, we're working and eating zero turkey. So I'm in no way thankful for that. But I thought I'd do a cheesy post in honour of the American holiday that I'm not celebrating. Because it's NaBloPoMo, and I will take ideas for posts anywhere I can find them.
This year, I'm thankful for:
1. The approaching weekend and the ability to sleep in.
2. Friends who have babies, so that I can cuddle them and give them back.
3. Taking myself out to dinner at a really tasty Ethiopian restaurant. For $13. With leftovers.
4. My best friends, Ben and Jerry, with whom I'll be spending some time after I finish this post.
5. My two hairy beasts, who think the best thing is cuddling with me on the couch.
6. Taking a six-month hiatus from dating, thus postponing the horror of online dating sites.
7. My almost clutter-free apartment.
8. The fact that my mother is usually not as annoying as she was last night.
9. Almost an entire calendar year in the black!
10. My introversion, which makes being alone after a breakup kind of awesome. (Sometimes.)
11. Picking up three more books from my favourite library.
12. Ivan Coyote.
13. My really warm winter coat, which makes Canada even better.
14. Universal healthcare (also something that makes Canada better).
15. A work trip that will take me to Paris in the Spring.
16. Duolingo for helping me learn to say "Une table pour une personne, s'il vous plaît".
What are you thankful for this year?